Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:07:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      <doug@safeport.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to remove KDE 2.0.1

This may be a ports question but it is a "how to" so...

From the handbook:

   4.2.2. Removing Installed Ports

       # cd /usr/ports/..your port
       # make deinstall

I thought I had read somewhere to do, "make deinstall clean", and
perhaps with "all". I did not do this but did:

      # cd /usr/ports/x11/kde2
      # make deinstall clean

This did not remove the executables. I later did this with pkg_delete
for each of the components. This was required as

      pkg_delete kdebase-2.0.1

did not remove the other kde components.

So the question: what's the proper way? And, should that go in the
handbook which, I guess, must deal with at least 3.x ways of doing
things?

_____
Douglas Denault
doug@safeport.com