Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 22:06:03 +1000 (EST)
From:      Michael Henry <mhenry@white.ug.cs.usyd.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MAJOR PROBS!

Earlier this evening I attempted to upgrade my system using cvsup.
I got a message about not being able to find an IP address.

That is not the problem. But I think it caused this one...

Now I can't log in!

When I try to I get:

	Sep 19 21:52:06 playground login: _secure_path: cannot stat
	/home/mhenry/.login_conf: Permission denied
	Sep 19 21:52:06 playground login: _secure_path: cannot stat
	/home/mhenry/.login_conf: Permission denied

	login: /usr/local/bin/bash: No such file or directory

I can't su to my account either:

	su: /usr/local/bin/bash: Permission denied

I have checked and bash exists and all the permissions in it's path
are correct, and I never used .login_conf anyway, so I'm all out
of ideas.

Would anyone like to have a guess?

Michael Henry				 mhenry AT ug.cs.usyd.edu.au

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance -Confucius