Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:12:13 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Luiz Gustavo da Silva Neves" <lneves@dpi.ufv.br>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Realtek 8139

Please don't sent HTML messages to the list.

This question should have gone to the -questions list.

> I'm having trouble configuring my two ethernets machine. The first
> interface seems ok, but the second one doesn't let me connect to the
> internet. The most strange think is that I can ping other machines, but
> my connections just are not completed. To test it I just put one
> interface up and the other down. When I but both up in the same subnet
> (just to test), a msg appears in the shell ("xxxx is on fxp0 but got
> reply from rl0" when the rl0 is configured in /etc/hosts and "xxxx is on
> rl0 but got reply from fxp0" when the fxp0 is configured). Is it
> normal,I mean, it happens because both interfaces are in the same
> subnet?

You can't do this; you can only have one interface on a given subnet.

As for the initial problem; please repost your question on the -questions
list, and provide more details.  There's nowhere near enough information
here for anyone to help you.