Date:      Tue, 01 Mar 2011 09:02:26 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@buffalo.edu>
To:        Patrick Lamaiziere <patfbsd@davenulle.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.2/7.4-RELEASEs Announced...

--=-6415I+UpRWSdsdqS6ygf

On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 10:26 +0100, Patrick Lamaiziere wrote:
> Le Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:26:23 -0500,
> Ken Smith <kensmith@buffalo.edu> a =E9crit :
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> > 8.2-RELEASE and 7.4-RELEASE have been announced.  The announcement
> > messages are available here:
> >=20
> >   http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.2R/announce.html
>=20
> There is a small typo in the name of the usb image:
> =AB
> memstick
>=20
>     This can be written to an USB memory stick (flash drive) and used
>     to do an install on machines capable of booting off USB drives. It
>     also supports booting into a "livefs" based rescue mode. The
>     documentation packages are provided but no other packages.
>     # dd if=3D8.2-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img of=3D/dev/da0 bs=3D10240
>     conv=3Dsync
> =BB
> should be "FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-amd64-memstick.img"
>=20
> > Enjoy.  :-)
>=20
> Thanks!
> Regards.
>=20
>=20

Hmm, it's right in the message sent to announce@ but not in the
Web version.  I had made that typo in previous announcements but
corrected it with 8.2's announcement.

I'll see if it can be fixed in the Web version.

--=20
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |