Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:02:23 -0500
From:      "Matt Bettinger" <mattb@finsyn.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   buildworld from cd

hello,

I recently cvsupped the necessary files to bring my 4.1 release up to 4.1.1
STABLE.  I cvsupped with a modem and everything went fine.  (even survived a
few telephone handle pickups ;-))

everything was sent to /usr/src during the download.  I since burned
everything in /usr/src to a cdrw just in case something happened and i would
need to buildworld again.

The time has come and i want to upgrade another computer that isn't
networked yet.

Can someone please explain the proper procedure to upgrade the other
computer which is 4.1 release  to 4.1.1 STABLE  from the cd that containes
the cvsupped STABLE files?

Can i just cp -r /cdrom/* /usr/src    (on the 4.1 Release computer and then
build world like that ?  or can i do it some way without copying the files
over and  buildworld straight from the cd..?

I tried to cp -r /cdrom/* /usr/src and got alot fo  erros saying something
about  dates and copy_big ...

Thanks for any info.   This is 'important' to me.

Matt