Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 17:03:37 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hoping to configure DNS

Doug Young wrote:

> Does this mean what I think it means, at least for those without HEAPS of
> experience
> ..... ie DON'T mess with local DNS stuff ??

	Well, it's not quite that dire, but the basic idea is the same, yes.
Unfortunately DNS is one of those things that is very easy to make serious
mistakes with, and what's worse is those mistakes might never reveal
themselves in ways that you can catch and fix.

	In short, if you don't NEED to run your own nameserver, don't. If you do,
then get properly educated.

Hope this helps,

Doug