Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 2004 19:18:00 +0100
From:      Shaun Jurrens <shaun@shamz.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: apache2 performance on 5.3 SMP machine

>howdy,
>
>i'm running the latest apache2, compiled from the ports collection
>(apache-2.0.52_2; prefork), on a dual 2gHz AMD64 box from ibm.  the
>performance is very bad, with ~ %20 cpu at only ~115 req/s.   for
>whatever reason, almost all of the %20 cpu time is spent in system:
>
>CPU states:  0.4% user,  0.0% nice, 17.3% system,  1.3% interrupt, 81.0%
>idle

[...]

	Jeff, fwiw, you're going to have to provide a lot more information
	as to your kernel configuration, whether you built apache from ports
	or not, where you're serving your "pages" from (local disk or nfs),
	which FreeBSD version you're using (uname -a), and so on.

	A kernel config and a dmesg are at least a start. I don't think you're
	going to get a lot of help unless you give the people here something
	to work with...

--
Yours truly,

Shaun D. Jurrens