Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 23:45:44 -0600
From:      stephen <serenity@tcainternet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd

I appreciate this...
### rc.conf ###
hostname="serenity"
# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- #
network_interfaces="rl0 auto ed1 ed0 lo0"
ifconfig_rl0="inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_ed0="inet 192.168.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_ed1="inet 192.168.3.1 netmaks 255.255.255.0"
linux_enable="YES"
moused_port="/dev/psm0"
moused_enable="YES"
saver="logo"
gateway_enable="YES"
nfs_server_enable="NO"
firewall_enable="YES"

##### rc.local ####
dhclient rl0
natd -interface rl0 -dynamic -log
/usr/local/sbin/apache -f /usr/local/etc/apache/apache.conf
echo " SMBD" && /usr/local/sbin/smbd -D
echo " NMBD" && /usr/local/smbd/nmbd -D

##### rc.firewall #####
/sbin/ipfw -f flush
/sbin/ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via rl0
/sbin/ipfw add pass all from any to any

((( don't laugh at my firewall i wanted everything to run with no snags
)))

i had everything in my rc.conf, but the smbd nmbd, and apache...
i just added those when i saw that my puter was up for 7 hours i thought
it
was fixed...

nothing else has changed especailly rc.network...
i didn't use natd = enable
i just ran natd -f /etc/natd.conf, but that became another file to think

about so i condenced it to one line

i have a friend he said he was having the same problems , but he bought
200
megs of ram, and no more problems escept he lags alot with his other
puters...

i think natd is interfearing with samba as well, but its just a theory.
other puters can't se me, but i can see them... it may be an isolated
problem, but it may help...