Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 14:52:40 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bug reporting for link to obsolete library?

* Richard E. Hawkins <dochawk@psu.edu> [010511 14:27]:

> I'm assuming that this is a bug . . .
>
> The xforms package tries to link to a file that is no longer part of
> STABLE:
>
> fac13ttyp3:/root#objdump -x /usr/X11R6/lib/libforms.so.0.88 | grep lib
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libforms.so.0.88:     file format elf32-i386
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libforms.so.0.88
>   NEEDED      libc.so.3
>   SONAME      libforms.so.0.88
> 0004b2c0 g     F .text  000000a8 fl_library_version

I'd guess the package was recompiled ages ago, and that's why it's got
dpendencies on an old library.

Try compiling the port instead and I expect that'll work.

Did you get this from the ftp site, or an old CD?
I don't think port maintainers are responsible for packages rolled from
their ports, not sure who is?

--
Life is like a simile.
Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns ::