Date:      Sat,  9 Aug 2003 10:30:42 -0500
From:      Eric De la Cruz Lugo <eric@iteso.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wireless question, maybe off topic

Sorry if this is not the right list, I have checked de Hardware Notes for
FreeBSD 4.8 and there is this wireless adapter called:

Netgear MA401

Its a PCMCIA adapter.

But i was checking on google and found this one:

Netgear MA311 802.11b Wireless PCI Adapter

I need a PCI card for my desktop wich runs FreeBSD I want to connect peer to
peer 2 FreeBSD boxes at 1 mile from each other, (I want to try the pringles
antennas as described in

http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/448

I know there are Aironet PCI adapters but they are expensive, I want to try
with cheaper hardware and the Netgear is cheaper in an order of maggnitude.

Hope some one knows about this, if possible, or point me to the right list to
ask.

Thanks in advance.

Eric De La Cruz Lugo
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.