Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 1995 08:33:59 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        phk@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall considered harmful!

> I tried installing on fd1.  The message
>
> 	"Writing partition information to drive 0"
>
> was printed and the MBR was clobbered (from all 0's to all 0's except
> for 0xaa55 at the end) so devs[0]->enabled must have been set.

I've just committed a fix that may clobber this bug to sysinstall in
2.1 and -current - could I possibly prevail upon you to grab the
latest sysinstall and try your test scenario again?  I'm not exactly
sure what you did, but I did find something that might just have
caused the symptoms.  If so, I owe Poul-Henning a nice Czech pilsner.

I also tried out your suggestion of checking errno for EACCES in
the deviceTry() code.

Thanks!!

					Jordan