Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:40:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck <crtb@capecod.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Configuration files

Has anyone ever compiled an index of all the configuration files
needed to run a typical BSD site?  Basically one line per file,
describing roughly the subsystem it affects.  Reason I ask is
that I've been trying to locate whatever it is that tells my
xterm windows to do "US-ASCII" rather than "Latin-1" or "ISO 8859-1".
Pine often objects to this, and both less and more display extended
characters with circumflex notation, which I find irritating.

I'd ask the second question only, but it looks as if that should
lead to the broader question.  I try RTFM, but each configuration
file has its own peculiar way of hiding.

I'd consider building a database of files I encounter building a new
FreeBSD (I'm overdue, running 2.2.2R), but I'm not running a very
extended system and probably wouldn't encounter 1/10 of the files.
Has anyone done this?  TIA!

	Chuck Bacon -- crtb@capecod.net
		FWIW, BTW, IMHO, AFAIK, YMMV RSN. OTOH, RTFM. FYI. TTYL.