Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 22:03:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      trout2 <trout2@advancenet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sound

hello:

 when i try to play xgalaga, it crashes with this error:

 xgal.sndsrv: Couldn't open DSP /dev/dsp
Broken pipe

 i am assuming that that means my sound card isn't quite being used. i
have looked over the handbook, and the parts dealing with sound seem
pretty vague. how do i configure the kernal to use my card right?

my card: "sound blaster audio pci 64v"

i don't even know if this card is supported by freebsd...

any help is appreciated