Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:08:21 -0800
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Scott Augustus <scott@visgen.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommended ethernet pccard for 4.2

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 11:58:13AM -0500, Scott Augustus wrote:
> Greetings all,
> Trying desperately to bring up a Xircom CreditCard IIPS up in fbsd 4.2 to
> no avail.  I've got the card being recognized, even see the proper settings
> in ifconfig via use of rc.conf entries but just can't seem to get it to
> become active. See below for outputs, let me know if you see something obvious.

I have one of those, and I never have gotten it to work. Same thing
happens, it comes up and it looks like everything is OK (the pccardd
messages look fine as does ifconfig(8) output), but it just doesn't
work. Warner actually got one to wok with this fall, but last I knew,
his did not work either.

> I'm wondering a couple things:
>
> 1) Is there one particular card one might recommend has having the best
> chance of working?

I have used several 3Com5X9 cards in different PCs and they have
worked fine.

> 2) Can anyone recommend a good resource for FAQ's, How To's etc on fbsd and
> mobile use?

Dunno. There's the PAO pages.