Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 18:50:08 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        FREEBSD-CHAT-L <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>, asami@cs.berkeley.edu
Subject:   Re: 3 terabytes on one server? (was Re: more than 32 scsi disks on a single machine ?)

Brian Tao wrote in message ID
<Pine.NEB.3.92.960511170535.14554D-100000@zot.io.org>:
> On Sat, 11 May 1996, Joe Greco wrote:
> >
> > I can only imagine the associated 30-day-long fsck.

>     If you have 3TB of dirty filesystems chock full of files to check,
> it may be prudent to replace fsck with newfs in /etc/rc, if only to
> preserve your sanity.  ;-)

No, it gives you the incentive to remove the last few problems which
cause FreeBSD to ``exit in an uncontrolled manner'', doesn't it ? :-)
Just think, a few people with 3TB filesystems and we'd be rock solid
:-)

Gary
--
Gary Palmer                                            FreeBSD Core Team Member
FreeBSD - Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info.