Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:26:09 -0400
From:      "MELVIN D. NAVA" <mdnava@gmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Quotas not working on FreeBSD 5.4 for amd64

Good Afternoon, this is my first post ever to this list and I hope is =
the=20
right place...

Recently (three weeks ago) I bought one dedicated server with FreeBSD=20
5.4-release for amd64 and I haven't been able to use quotas, after I =
tried=20
to enable quotas in fstab over the home filesystem and rebooting, the =
system=20
just hanged so I checked if quota was enabled on the Kernel but it =
wasn't...=20
So I asked at the Datacenter and they told me they tried initially to =
enable=20
quotas on the Kernel but it wasn't working at all and the server =
wouldn't=20
start.

I've been trying to find something like this already documented but I=20
haven't found anything at all.

My server config:

FreeBSD 5.4-release for amd64
Cpanel/WHM
Dual Opteron 244, 2GB of ECC Ram and two SATA Drives

My questions:

1. Anyone knows about or had already this problem? is this normal?
2. Should I try to compile the kernel myself with quotas?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Melvin D. Nava=20