Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 1997 09:20:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Richard Carrara <RCarrara@pagemart.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ?

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Richard Carrara wrote:

> I was wondering if you could possibly help me.  I want to start my own
> ISP and I would like to know where I could get some info on what hardware
> and software I would need.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank
> You in advance.

FreeBSD makes an excellent platform for ISP usage.  Most people want a
pretty robust box for doing ISP work, I'd look to running a P200 at least
with options to go up to multiprocessor once the SMP stuff in -current
gets a good test out.  128MB of RAM is a must, as well as SCSI hardware
all the way around.