Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:15:39 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Makefile RUN_DEPENDS=	option

> On 14 Nov, 2017, at 14:05, Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Have a simple port that needs wget to work.
>=20
> I want RUN_DEPENDS to first check if wget is already installed, IE: is =
the running executable in the search path whether installed as a =
compiled port or installed as a package and if so bypass any more wget =
processing. If running executable not found then to auto install using =
pkg version and if not found there to do port compile method.
>=20
> How would I code that?

That won't work. Ports are built in poudriere, and poudriere expects a =
clean system. If you don't depend on wget, wget will NEVER be available.

Additionally, network access is explicitly disabled for everything =
except the fetch target, so you can't rely on wget doing anything.

# Adam

--=20
Adam Weinberger
adamw@adamw.org