Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 08:55:52 -0300
From:      "Nicolau Werneck" <nwerneck@net.em.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   setting up BASH

hi!

I'm trying to set up BASH as my shell, but i can't load it at the login.

1_ I'm using a keymap file I've created (to write portuguese with
american keyboards), but it only works with sh WITHOUT the -E
option! BASH can't use it too (the accentuated characters don't get
displayed). Is this normal?

2_ The vidcontrol command I put in the initialization files only gets
run when I call bash from the command line...

3_ The $SHELL variable doesn't change to "(...)/bash" after loading
it, but insists on "(...)/sh". Is this normal? I've read something about
but sh.

PS: My line on the /etc/passwd file:
nwerneck:*:1138:1001:NLW 1138:/home/nike:/usr/local/bin/bash

thanks!