Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 10:19:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Random Junk <jsd@gamespot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how can i print man-files?

M. L. Dodson writes:
> Try this for something a little more attractive:
>
> zcat <whatever the file name of the man page in gzipped format is> | \
>   | tbl | groff -mandoc | lpr -P<your postscript printers name>
>
> You DO have ghostscript installed, don't you?  And some printer definition
> to handle PostScript files?

how about this?

man -t ls | lp

works for me and is pretty easy to remember.

you don't need the ghostscript package for this to work.  you do need
groff though.

--
Jon Drukman      jsd@gamespot.com             SpotMedia Communications
How the drunk and the maimed both are dragged forward out of the arena