Date:      Tue, 24 Dec 1996 10:28:13 -0800
From:      Jeff Newton <jeff@datapark.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need to upgrade libc

Jeff Newton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to upgrade to perl 5.003 on a 2.0 box of mine but I'm running
> into major compilation problems.  It looks like I need a more recent
> libc. I've got libc.so.2.2 right now.  Is there a way to upgrade libc
> without having to completely upgrade the system to 2.1.5?

Actually, I don't think libc.so.2.2 is the problem.  Could be libc.a.
How can I upgrade the entire development environment on this box?  I've
got a machine running 2.1.5 ...any chance I'd be able to copy over the
entire /usr/lib without it messing anything up?

Cheers,

--
Jeff Newton
Systems Administrator