Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2007 21:44:58 +1000
From:      "Paul Fraser" <pfraser@gmail.com>
To:        "Jeremy Gransden" <jeremy.gransden@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: See output of local xterm session on remote ssh session.

On 6/2/07, Jeremy Gransden <jeremy.gransden@gmail.com> wrote:
> how
> can I then connect to it from my laptop and see the output of that process
> via the ssh session?

A very popular solution is screen (sysutils/screen). Run a screen
session, then you can share the session from any number of clients, or
attach/detach at will. Quite good if, for example you're running a
process (within a screen session, of course!) in an xterm, and you
want to restart X. Simply detach the screen session, restart X, then
reattach screen to your xterm.

--
Regards,

Paul Fraser