Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2005 21:01:02 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Darryl L. Miles" <darryl@netbauds.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pkg_add for 5.2.1 no longer working...

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 04:23:11AM +0000, Darryl L. Miles wrote:

> Upon examining the main tree at ftp.freebsd.org all of the files i the=20
> 5.2.1 directory no longer seem to exist, some mirrors across the world=20
> seem to have the old tree that was there that I saw a few weeks ago. =20
> That was working well for me.

Right.  Since 5.2.1 is an obsolete release it was removed from the
main ftp site last year after the release of 5.3 to free up some
space.  Some mirrors may still carry it - look with
http://mirrorlist.freebsd.org and set the environment variables
described in the pkg_add(1) manpage to use the alternate site.

> I only have command line available on the systems in question, while=20
> looking through the directories manually with FTP I noticed they aren't=
=20
> arranged in a very sociable manner, with 1000s of files in a directory=20
> alone.  Is there an online web based system to allow me to see whats=20
> available ?

www.freebsd.org/ports, and www.freshports.org.

Kris
--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga