Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2013 03:35:36 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: distfiles changed to new path

from Fbsd8:

> I just did a portsnap run that updated the base port system.

> Now I see a port's distfile going to /var/ports/distfiles instead of
> /usr/ports/distfiles.

> Is this a error in the newly updated base port system which contains
> the default port make environment?

I have no directory /var/ports nor /BETA1/var/ports.

My PORTSDIR is /BETA1/usr/ports because I kept this location from FreeBSD 9.0-BETA1 after installing BETA2 in another GPT partition.

My distfiles directory is ?BETA1/usr/ports/distfiles .

But a portsnap run should not download distfiles.

Distfiles are downloaded when you build a port.

Tom