Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:54:27 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PTHREADS install on 4.7

# m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk / 2002-11-03 09:52:36 +0000:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 12:32:13AM -0800, Peter Black wrote:
> > I have been running into problems getting Apache 2.0.43 to work with PHP
> > 4.2.3 as a module. The following is the error I get ...
> >
> > "Cannot load /usr/local/APACHE/modules/libphp4.so into server:
> > /usr/local/APACHE/modules/libphp4.so: Undefined symbol
> > "pthread_getspecific"
>
> pthread_getspecific() is a standard POSIX.1 function that comes with
> FreeBSD already.  In general, to use pthreads in programs, all that is
> needed is to compile using the '-pthreads' flag to cc(1).  If you
> compile from ports, all that sort of thing should be set up correctly
> for you.  You can install mod_php4 with apache2 from ports by:
>
>     cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
>     make -DWITH_APACHE2 install
>
> Note too that you may occasionally need to rebuild mod_php4 if you
> update apache2.

    also note that Apache-2 / PHP is a combination completely
    unsupported by the PHP developers. if you have mysterious problems
    with applications otherwise known to run fine, you've been warned.

--
If you cc me or take the list(s) out completely I'll most likely ignore
your message.      see http://www.eyrie.org./~eagle/faqs/questions.html