Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 15:23:56 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, Maksymilian Wrzesinski <mcson@terrorgarden.waw.pl>
Subject:   Re: TV Tuner server?

> is it possible to insert tv tuner
> into fbsd server an use it on few x-workstations at a time?

Yes it can be done. I have something similar here in our reserch
project, but cannot release as. :-(.

Basically, you need to use some form of video conferecing software
where multiple users can join a conference call and see the
video coming from one user.
In this case, the user you are watching is actually the tuner.

I presume VIC (and VAT for the audio) can do this.
Never tried though.

Roger
--
Roger Hardiman,       | Department of Computer Science,
PhD Research Student, | University of Strathclyde,