Date:      Sun, 6 Feb 2000 12:32:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd configuration exclusively as secondary DNS server?

yes, there is something similar. it's called PicoBSD.

the home page for it is: http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/picobsd.html.

you can find the resources to build it in: $SRCDIR/release/picobsd/

it's highly suggested that you read the pages on it, and join the mailing
list (freebsd-small@freebsd.org).

-- jan

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, Simon J Mudd wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There is a linux project called linux-router which attempts to
> build a minimal configuration (on one floppy) to act as a router.
> It also (I think) can be configured to act as a secondary name server.
>
> I'd like to see if I can build a minimum freebsd configuration to do the
> same thing.  In my case I'm only really interested in the name server.
>
> Are there any freebsd projects or papers on how to setup freebsd in this
> way?
>
> Thanks for any pointers.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon
> --
> Simon J Mudd, Madrid SPAIN    Tel: +34-91-408 4878    email: sjmudd@pobox.com

  email: jan[at]caustic.org   web: http://www.caustic.org/~jan
   "knowledge is power. power corrupts. study hard, be evil."