Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 16:26:37 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/ too big?

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 05:51:52PM -0600, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, David O'Brien wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 10:20:58PM -0600, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

	[[ ... ]]

> Improvements in the organization can make it easier to be selective.
>
> This is NOT a PROGRAMMING problem. For lack of a better description, it is a
> problem in LIBRARY SCIENCE. It won't be solved by the "authors", but rather the
> "librarians"

	My take on this is  that the more ideas we have, the better off
	the entire effort.   I can't see a problem for at least 5 years
	--probably more--.   So it would help (me at least) if you would
	detail outline the troubles you see down the road  and what your
	solutions are.

	gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix