Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 22:38:55 -0600 (EST)
From:      Jason Andrew Godfrey <godfreja@acm.cs.uwec.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   syslog config question

Hello.

I've just setup a new FreeBSD 3.1 Release box, and I keep on getting
messages like:

xxx /kernal: arp: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx moved from blah_mac_address to
another_mac_address on vx0.

I'd like for these messages to disappear. I figure I can do it with
/etc/syslog.conf, but I'm not sure how. Normally I'd do some trial and
error first, but right now a cracker has found this box interesting, and I
don't want to risk missing log messages due to an error.

Could anyone help me come with the magical formula to get this message to
disapper?

Thanks
-- Jason