Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:40:19 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Corey Brune" <brune@sdf.lonestar.org>
To:        edvard@post.omnitel.net (Ed)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /dev/fd0 - big problems HELP !!!

In my eariler reply, I had a typo, sorry. The correct syntax for the dd command
is:

dd if=<input file> of=/dev/rfd0.

To check if you have an open file, try fstat -f /floppy (or wherever you have
your floppy mounted).

This may not be the case, since you are able to mount, format, and umount the
device. After you 'cat file > /dev/fd0', what is the exit status? To get the
exit status, you need to type $? after you issue the cat command.