Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:28:11 +0200
From:      Aleksey Ovcharenko <alexovch@ic.kharkov.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp filters don't work

Hi, all!

I have a troubles trying to setup ppp fitlers.

I compiled kernel include following lines:

pseudo-device   ppp     10      #Point-to-point protocol
options         PPP_BSDCOMP     #PPP BSD-compress support
options         PPP_DEFLATE     #PPP zlib/deflate/gzip support
options         PPP_FILTER      #enable bpf filtering (needs bpf)

options         IPFIREWALL              #firewall
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      #enable logging to syslogd(8)
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100    #limit verbosity
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD      #enable transparent proxy support
options         IPFW2                   # enable ipfw2

Create section like

test:
 set filter out 0 permit 0 0
 set filter in  0 permit 0 0

in /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup.

After connection established I can see message set filter in ppp.log and using
pppctl show me same rules active.

But they don't work. The only ipfw rules.

I setup nat via ipfw add divert natd ...
If I enable connection by ipfw it works fine, ppp filter seems to be ignored.

I'll glad to see any suggestion, please.

--
Sincerely Yours, Aleksey Ovcharenko