Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:27:51 -0500
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        "Erik Van Benschoten" <evanben@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: net/samba3 not installing VFS modules

On 9/25/08, Erik Van Benschoten <evanben@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>   I have been looking into setting up a network recycle bin under v3.0.32 of
> Samba. The default configuration does not install/package any of the VFS
> modules from the looks of it. The man pages are there for them, but not the
> actual binaries. After looking at the Makefile I tried to add the following
> to /etc/make.conf:
>
>  WITH_EXP_MODULES=
>  WANT_EXP_MODULES+=      vfs_recycle
>
>  That failed to install the recycle VFS module, so I tried:
>
>  WITH_EXP_MODULES=
>  WANT_EXP_MODULES=       vfs_recycle
>
>  Still no luck. The VFS modules are getting compiled, but are apparently not
> getting added to the packing list. Anyone have any suggestions? Is anyone
> else having this problem?

You don't need to add the WANT_EXP_MODULES /etc/make.conf, as the
vfs_recycle module is a standard module in Samba.

After a make configure, I looked at the resulting Makefile, and it
does show that vfs_recycle is listed as a VFS_MODULES.  Then when a
make install was performed, the recycle.so module was located in the
PREFIX/lib/samba/vfs directory.

Did you check this directory?

Scot