Date:      10 Apr 2003 20:10:06 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD vs pcmcia nic

Hello,
     I've got a second hand laptop here (HP OmniBook Xe2), and I would
like to install FreeBSD 4.7 using the CD ROM Set I've got.

However, its not got a network card, so I'd like to simply buy one -
that is at least 10/100 capable. There's the problem. Is there a
hardware compatibility list detailing what pcmcia nics work with at
least FreeBSD 4.7 Rel?

I've had a look at the online hardware list, but I'm not able to find
those nics available (to the UK) to actually buy. Either they're not
current enough, or now now known by the actual name, it appears.

I'd appreciate any information pointers on what (10/100) pcmcia nics are
compatible with FreeBSD.

Thanks for the time.

Regards,

Stacey