Date:      Tue,  5 Nov 2002 06:47:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Laptop 'short list'?

I don't currently have a laptop, but I need to get one soon.  I'll
probably be running XP/FreeBSD dual boot.  I haven't found much into
on the web, sorry about bothering the list.  Had a few questions:

- What are some good laptops for FreeBSD?  By this I mean
  - installs
  - suspend and resume work (or whatever power functions, I don't know
    if suspend to disk is supported)
  - 3d Video is supported (maybe) meaning non-nvidia, right?
  - The ultra-lightweights have some appeal to me, I don't know that
    I'm looking to replace my desktop, so the really small laptops
    seem nice, unless they're not usable for extended periods because
    of a small screen or keyboard.

Any stores that have good stock?  I haven't really been able to look
at laptops.  Any good deals out there?

Also, how much memory should I get for XP?  I know that it's a pig - I
will be using powerpoint, but mostly just Office.

Thanks!

- Mike H.