Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:08:34 -0500
From:      David Leimbach <Leimy2k@mac.com>
To:        "David S. Jackson" <dsj@sylvester.dsj.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI emu over ATAPI

On Wednesday, September 26, 2001, at 06:00 PM, David S. Jackson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm at the point where I have to decide whether I want to switch
> to Linux or spend $$$ on this box for another CD-RW, this time a
> SCSI one, and a SCSI adapter.  Linux is the cheaper solution, but
> I'm hoping there's someone already finding a way to get SCSI
> encapsulation over an ATAPI bus the way Linux and Net/OpenBSD do.

Just try using burncd.  Its an ATAPI native CD burner tool.. Works great
on my HP ATAPI burner.  Its included in the base distribution of FreeBSD
so there should be no need to install a port.

SCSI emulation was being discussed somewhere in the FreeBSD 5.0 plans I
think. [I could be wrong.. check www.freebsd.org to be sure].  This
would be nice for cdrecord is a really nice CD program.

dave