Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 22:16:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ted Wisniewski <ted@ness.plymouth.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD & LDAP Auth

Hi,

	I am having difficulty Authenticating IMAP/POP3 services
vs. and LDAP server under FreeBSD.

My Environment:

	4.6-RELEASE-p1
	Openldap 2.0.25
	UW imap-2001a
	pam_ldap-150 (from padl.com)

I have successfully gotten ftp/ssh/telnet to authenticate vs. the LDAP
using the pam_ldap module..  However, the IMAP/POP3 servers will not
not matter what I do to the ldap.conf file.

Has anyone gotten POP/IMAP serves to authenticate vs. an LDAP on a
similar set up?  If so, what (if anything) did you do to get it to work?
Is there anything "special" that I have to put in pam.conf?

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ted

--
|   Ted Wisniewski    		     INET:  ted@mail.plymouth.edu        |
|   Information Technology Services         ted@wiz.plymouth.edu         |