Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 2002 15:03:55 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trying to compile HotSpot on 4.7-STABLE

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 08:08:26PM -0800, Bill Huey wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 02:00:59PM +1030, Greg Lewis wrote:
> > We're due for 1.3.1 patchset 8 but there are a few things holding it up.
> > If you're about to do major reworking though that seems to make it more
> > likely that we'll wait for what you're doing.
>
> Yeah, sort of, but some of this patch release stuff should still be automated
> so that the release process isn't contingent on a single individual. Then folks
> can deal with experimental patches verses stuff that's stable, which is analogous
> to FreeBSD OS versioning. A nightly build/patch set should be fine, like what the
> Mozilla folks have.

Much of the patchset release is automated.  I agree about the nightly
patchset and have been giving it some thought.  I can't promise anything
straight away but I am investigating it.

On the other hand an actual release has to be contingent on someone,
whether it be an individual (as it is at the moment) or whether its
some sort of release engineer team.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org