Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:58:24 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        chris@calldei.com, phk@critter.freebsd.dk, brent@rcfile.org, current@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Junior Kernel Hacker task: improve vnode->v_tag

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 03:09:33PM +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

The patch looks ok. There's a slight functional change that an ext2fs
filesystem is now correctly returned as such. I don't expect Linux
binaries to break, but it may be remotely possible that certain tools,
now that they detect ext2fs filesystems, will use more specific ext2fs
queries for whatever reason they need. I don't think it's something
to worry about...