Date:      10 Dec 2004 10:05:23 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        gerard-seibert@rcn.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing jdk-1.4.2p6_7 problem

Gerard Seibert <gerard-seibert@rcn.com> writes:

> I am attempting to install 'jdk-1.4.2p6_7' from the ports collection. I
> was able to download all of the prerequisite files except for the ' j2skd-1.4.2-06-oth-JPR '
> file. When I attempt to fetch that file I receive the following error
> message:
>
>  The product you requested is not available at this time.
>       j2skd-1.4.2-06-oth-JPR

I assume that's supposed to be "j2sdk".  In any case, nothing in the
ports tree refers to *any* file containing the string "1.4.2-06" at
all, so I have no idea what the problem is (I'm certainly not hitting
it myself, and I'm rebuilding my JDK at this very moment).

> Is there anyway that I can work around this problem, or do I just have
> to wait until it is available again.
>
> Also, does anyone know if there is a version of Java 5 that is available
> for FreeBSD 5.3.

The Linux version can be installed from the ports collection.