Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 07:58:27 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>
Cc:        matt <matt@Mlink.NET>, FreeBSD-PORTS <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: WmInet and asmon

On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 07:38:41PM +1000, Jim Mock wrote:

> Asmon needs gmake to compile.  I've been trying to make it work and
> submit the port for a while now, but the thing coredumps with a
> floating point exception error every time I run it.  I'm not spending

Have you done the fpsetmask() thing, yet?  FreeBSD handles fp
exceptions in a non-standard way.  For details on exactly how
non-standard, and why, search the list archives for fpsetmask and
bruce and evans.  The solution is usually to pretend that FreeBSD is
normal by calling fpsetmask().

Good luck.

[Hey, folks!  When you start banging your head against the wall, feel
 free to email ports@FreeBSD.ORG!  It is for discussion of general
 porting problems.  :-]

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.