Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 22:02:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        Stacey Roberts <sroberts84@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD V4.3 running on ABIT VP6 Dual Proc

Stacey,

The freebsd-questions list is a good place for this type of question.
The freebsd-alpha list is about FreeBSD on the Alpha AXP,
a non-PC-compatible platform.

A general-purpose search engine turns up some pertinent material:

http://support.daemonnews.org/view_story.php3?story_id=2035
http://bsdvault.net/viewtopic.php?topic=66&amp;forum=1
http://hunter.ss.u-tokai.ac.jp/~hirotaka/machines.html
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1085401+0+archive/2001/freebsd-questions/20010527.freebsd-questions
http://dsl1-160.dynacom.net/freebsd/urban_legends.html
http://www.nontoxic.org/fw-tower2.php3

Stacey Roberts wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>    I've just ordered FreeBSD V4.3, hoping to install it on a VP6 Dual proc
> system running two P111 933's.
>
> I've tried searching for known issues with this particular motherboard via
> all the search facilities at the FreeBSD sites, but cannot find any actual
> documentation on whether or not this motherboard is actually compatible with
> FreeBSD V4.3.
>
> Can any of you assist /  advise?
>
> Cheers
>
> Stacey