Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 17:12:50 GMT
From:      rising-star@runbox.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dual Homed Hosts

Dear Sir, Madam,
Firstly I apologise if this is not the right email address for asking quest=
ions.

I have two servers at home connected via a cross-over cable. One is suppose=
d to be a web server and thus connected to the outside world. The second a =
database server not visible to the outside world.

How do I connect these two boxes together so that they can talk to one anot=
her?

I am a newbie and have not understood the various Dual Homed Hosts examples=
 and ifconfig.

Is there simpler way using the hosts/networks or rc.conf files?

Regards,
Ajay Sharma