Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2000 04:09:08 +0530
From:      "Satish Bhat" <satish@knoxtech.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   gcc 2.7 dynamic linking problem

Hi everybody,

	I have a code written for Realserver which is meant to be dynamic library.
I am using gcc2.7.2. The code uses stlport 4.0 for gcc. I have compiled the
code with "fPIC" option and linking it with "shared" flag. The compilation
process produces an "so" file, but when I try to load it thro realserver it
gives me an error "Not a valid library".

	I wrote a test load program and that program also fails to load the library
stating that "undefined symbol <some symbol name>". But the <some symbol
name> is nothing but a STL function! If I have the header file isn't that
sufficient?

	rgds,
	Satish Bhat