Date:      Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:18:07 -0500
From:      Gary Gatten <Ggatten@waddell.com>
Subject:   RE: How to turn off screen blanking

I have a kiosk system I am almost done building and the last snag is
attempting to make it so idle time (no keyboard or mouse attached) does not
blank the screen.   I have already tried the following:

vidcontrol -S off
disabling acpi and apmd from the kernel config
enabling dpms via the kernel config and then running xset -dpms

Any other ideas?

Does the monitor itself have "Green" options that can be adjusted/disabled =
on the monitor itself?

n 0in 1.0pt 0in'>
"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?12461_1313007488_4E42E780_12461_7_1_D9B37353831173459FDAA836D3B43499C52187B2>