Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:25:09 +0000
From:      John Murphy <fbsd32@freeode.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Talking of FreeBSD bounties, VMWare 6.x?

Good afternoon,

I'm not at all up to date with FreeBSD, but I remember being quite
excited by the possibility of 'Vmware 6.x on FreeBSD', A $3,500
rsync.net bounty claimed by Orlando Bassotto in 2007.

http://www.rsync.net/resources/notices/2007cb.html

I checked Mr Bassotto's web site shortly after reading the news
and at increasing intervals over the months thereafter, but "a few
weeks" is turning into a few years:

http://www.break.net/orlando/

I wonder if anyone here knows of any progress? FreeBSD seems
sadly lacking in the Virtualizer host department, while, IMHO
it would make the perfect host:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/virtualization-host.html

--
Thanks, John.