Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 22:14:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Greg Thomas <ethant@earthlink.net>
To:        fanboy <bsdkid@pacbell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pac$Bell Internet DSL howto

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, fanboy wrote:

> Thank you for the information, I'm currenly looking into getting that exact DSL
> package for my computer. Is there any other FreeBSD or even Linux spisific
> information on web that might give me more information? I know that the LDP has
> a DSL howto. Does most of that information apply to FreeBSD as well?

I just subscribed and missed the original question.  I've had PacBell
Basic DSL for a couple of weeks now.  If you're getting the basic plan
then it is pretty much cake to get PPPoE up and running using the PacBell
client or using Jamaal's client with SuSE Linux.  I'm a newbie with
FreeBSD but it looks like it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

One thing I would like to point out is that there have been 3 times that I
haven't been able to login.

If you're getting the Enhanced plan then there are no worries whatsoever.

Greg