Date:      Tue, 20 May 2003 02:20:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/52448: [patch] Misc man page reference fixes

The following reply was made to PR docs/52448; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
To: Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org.ua>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:10:49 +0200

 --HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

 On 2003.05.20 11:28:28 +0300, Alexey Zelkin wrote:
 > On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 12:24:10AM +0200, Simon L.Nielsen wrote:
 > >=20
 > > >Number:         52448
 > > >Category:       docs
 > > >Synopsis:       [patch] Misc man page reference fixes
 >=20
 > [..]
 >=20
 > > intro.3:
 > > 	Remove Xr references to libc, libcurses, libcompat, libkvm,
 > > 	libl, libtermcap and liby since they do not exists as man
 > > 	pages under those names.
 > >=20
 > > 	Add section number to libmp Xr reference (which do have a man
 > > 	page).
 > > 	Add libmp description - from libmp(3).
 >=20
 > I'd rather prefer to someone write stub or normal (which is better) manual
 > pages for those libraries than removing Xr's.  Yet Another Junior Doc Hac=
 ker
 > Task -- ant takers ? :-)

 I might as well get to know mdoc better :-) I will have a look at theese.

 Some of them might simply be fixed with proper links to existing man
 page.  Update to follow once I get looked at it more.

 --=20
 Simon L. Nielsen

 --HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

 --HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV--