Date:      20 Aug 2002 22:18:59 -0500
From:      Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com>
To:        nathan@khmere.com
Cc:        "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@geekpunk.net>, Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did FreeBSD fail?

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 19:03, nathan@khmere.com wrote:

> All I can say is wow,
>
> I have to agree with Mr. Valentine and
> also would like to say to the hackers: "please keep on working". I am
> positive that their are many people out thier who appreciate the valuable
> time and effort that the hackers put into FreeBSD. I know I do !

Here, here. I came to FreeBSD after using Linux for years because of the
trolls that started to infest the Linux community. I've now found a new
niche that I chose to call home. I may not be all that outspoken but I
too have been watching and soaking up as much as I can.

> Why even have a discussion about these trolls and waste time. Just ignore
> them and they will go away, maybe they will go and bother the linux people
> :-) !
>
> FreeBSD is not dead, none of the *BSD's are, and they are *not* failures !
>
> -nb

I can't see something as successful as the FreeBSD project dieing
because of any the events that have transpired recently. Like anything
it will have it's ups and downs. Those that stick it out when we are in
the valley will be rewarded when we reach the next peak.

--
Ryan "leadZERO" Sommers
Gamer's Impact President

-= http://www.gamersimpact.com =-