Date:      Fri, 9 Mar 2001 09:39:56 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Rory Savage <rsavage@blastpoint.nando.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mounting Linux EXT2FS to a FreeBSD Filesystem

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 12:46:30AM -0500, Rory Savage wrote:
> as ad1, and that's okay.  But my problem is when I run fsck on /dev/ad1 or
> /dev/wd1 all I see is an entry for Partiotion 1 (EXT2FS), and Partion 2
> wich reports as an MSDOS Extneded partion.  I can't seem to mount this or
> any of the existing partitions to BSD.

Did you recompile your kernel with the EXT2FS option?
See /sys/i386/conf for the kernel-config, and the handbook on how
to make a new kernel (shortcut, copy GENERIC to MYHOST, add "option
EXT2FS" to MYHOST, "config MYHOST", "cd ../../compile/MYHOST",
"make depend", "make", "make install", "reboot now" :-)

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: