Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:05:20 -0400
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fstab - why different file systems nummers?

Marcel,

> and i am stick with another prolbem. so far i've read that the md
> driver can be used to mound a file in an filesystem. before i could
> use mdconfig. but........i don't have mdconfig on my branch (4.10)

On 4.x you can use md, but it's easier to use mfs. In the vfstab, you
simply put the swap device in place of "md", eg.

/dev/ad0s1b	/tmp	mfs	-s=65536	0	0

See mount_mfs(8), aka. newfs(8).

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |